DataMotion Direct Secure Messaging Service
DataMotion™ Direct allows healthcare providers to send and receive PHI* with other Direct address holders to meet Meaningful Use requirements, comply with HIPAA, and enhance health information exchange in step with the 21st Century Cures Act.
- Secure and interoperable
- Connects with over 350 EHR systems
- Provider, organization and patient addresses
- Enhance transitions of care
- Meet ONC/CMS data sharing requirements
*Protected Health Information
Health Data Sharing Challenge
ONC and CMS initiatives and incentives have encouraged the adoption of electronic medical & health records solutions from many vendors. Unfortunately, this multi-vendor environment has created individual islands and closed networks of records that cannot be shared easily and securely between healthcare providers using different solutions. This limits the value of EHR/EMR, particularly when consultation across health networks or transitions of care are required.
Health Data Sharing Solution
Based on the national encryption standard for securely exchanging clinical healthcare data via the Internet, DataMotion™ Direct enables secure messaging for healthcare providers, patients, business associates, and clinical systems. Inter-operable with over 350 EHR systems, DataMotion™ Direct sends and receives structured and unstructured medical records securely, in a manner that conforms to ONC/CMS requirements. It supports the transmission of a variety of sensitive data, including C-CDA formats, summary of care documents, diagnostic images, pdfs, provider and patient messages.
Accreditation / Certification
DataMotion is an accredited Health Information Service Provider (HISP), provisioning Direct services that are fully interoperable with other HISPs. When DataMotion™ Direct is entrusted with the delivery of secure messages, documents, and images, that data is processed and stored in a ‘mission critical’ manner following the best practices of strong encryption, checksums, disaster recovery, high availability, and data back-up. Secure data delivery has been the core of DataMotion’s business since 1999 ensuring your ability to meet HIPAA compliance, Meaningful Use, and 21st Century Cures Act requirements.
2015 Edition Health IT Modular Certification
DataMotion Direct 6.3 has achieved Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC-Health IT) 2015 Edition Health IT Modular Certification via Drummond Group LLC, an Authorized Certification Body (ACB) that has been empowered to test software for compliance with the requirements of the federal government’s program. The stamp of approval designates that the software offers the functionality that enables eligible providers and hospitals to meet Meaningful Use requirements, qualifying these organizations to receive payments under the ongoing EHR adoption program.
DataMotion Direct 6.1 achieved Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC-HIT) 2014 Edition Modular Certification via Drummond Group, an Authorized Certification Body (ACB) that has been empowered to test software for compliance with the requirements of the federal government’s program.
Certified Health IT Products Listings:
- Meaningful Use Stage 2 – Meet requirements for secure exchange and Direct
- Minimize Business Risk – Protect your brand and reputation by preventing data leaks
- Improve Compliance – Minimize exposure to regulatory violations
- Seamless Communication – Easily exchange PHI with providers and healthcare systems both in and out of your primary network
- Improve Care and Contain Costs – Harness the convenience of seamless data exchange through email, file transfer, and the power of cloud computing to make faster and better informed decisions while cutting the costs associated with faxes, printing, postage, and courier services
DataMotion™ Direct delivers enterprise-class security to healthcare providers and business associates of all sizes:
- Direct Secure Messaging functionality (S/MIME, SMTP, XDM/XDR+SOAP)
- Integrated with leading EHRs (i.e. Epic, MEDITECH)
- Certified with over 40 EHR vendors
- Standalone addresses and use with the Community Web Portal
- Provides a C-CDA viewer and print functionality
- Integrates with federated Healthcare Provider Directories
- Optimized for use with popular mobile devices
- Standardized ONC metrics reporting
- 100 MB default message size (expandable to 2GB) when sending to Direct users on DataMotion HISP
- 30 MB message size limit when sending to Direct users on other HISPs
- Robust APIs allow seamless integration into EHR systems and patient portals
- Portal and APIs for automated address provisioning at scale
Costs and Limitations
For a disclosure of Costs and Limitations, and for Drummond Certificates of Compliance and Summaries of Test Results, see DataMotion Direct Certified Health IT.
“This EHR Module is 2014 Edition compliant and has been certified by an ONC‐ACB in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.”
Vendor name: DataMotion, Inc., Date Certified: 08/20/2015, Product Version: DataMotion Direct 6.1, Certified for: EHR Module (Inpatient), Criteria Certified: 170.314(g)(4); (h)(1-3), Certification ID Number: 08202015-3291-6, Clinical Quality Measures Certified: None, Any additional software relied upon to certify: None
Vendor name: DataMotion, Inc., Date Certified: 08/20/2015, Product Version: DataMotion Direct 6.1, Certified for: EHR Module (Ambulatory), Criteria Certified: 170.314(g)(4); (h)(1-3), Certification ID Number: 08202015-3290-6, Clinical Quality Measures Certified: None, Any additional software relied upon to certify: None