Direct Secure Messaging for Epic
Join other Epic hospitals meeting CMS deadlines and collecting Meaningful Use Stage 2 (MU2) incentive money using DataMotion Direct, a cost effective secure messaging service for sharing medical records with patients and other providers.
- Secure, interoperable and compliant with MU2 requirements
- Proven Epic EMR integration support
- Deploys rapidly to meet MU2 attestation schedules
- Facilitates Direct addressing to virtually any affiliate provider
- Easily sends CCDs via Direct messages to providers outside home network
Direct Secure Messaging (Direct) is part of multiple MU2 core measures. While Epic Care Everywhere can natively support Direct for communicating with outside providers, an accredited Health Information Services Provider (HISP) can help to connect with non-Epic providers, especially if the Healthcare organization is trying to connect to providers on many different EHRs and EMRs.
As an accredited HISP with proven Epic interoperability, DataMotion is ideally positioned to help Epic users achieve MU2 attestation success.
How It Works
Working with Epic, DataMotion established interoperability between EpicCare EMR and DataMotion Direct using the cross-enterprise document reliable interchange protocol (XDR). As a result, DataMotion is a reliable source for Direct services for EpicCare EMR customers.
- Transition of Care Web Portal enables sending CCDs to any affiliate care organization
- Transitions of Care and View Download Transmit (VDT)
- Routes and exchanges CCD/C-CDAs via XDR with support for bi-directional messages
- Enables users to send a Direct message from the following workflows – Inpatient and ED discharge, Referrals, Communication Management and In Basket.
- Successfully attest to Meaningful Use Stage 2 requirements of the HITECH Act and American Reinvestment and Recovery Act.
- Exchange Electronic Health Records via the industry standard Direct Secure Messaging protocol
- Minimize cost and maximize return on investment by using a proven solution, tested by Epic and accredited by EHNAC, the ONC’s authorized certification body.
- Healthcare Industry Experience – Over 15 years providing secure data delivery solutions and over 5 million users worldwide (1.25 million healthcare users)
Get more information about using DataMotion Direct with EpicCare EMR
Epic Systems Corporation has provided their customers with a 16 point questionnaire to assist in evaluating 3rd party Health Information Service Providers for Direct service subscriptions. DataMotion has completed a detailed response, which is available upon request click the button below to contact us.