Vice President of Sales
Florham Park, NJ
DataMotion, Inc. is an API company that enables secure digital business. Our solutions modernize business processes by bringing together information exchange with the way employees, customers and partners want to want to work. We are headquartered in Florham Park, NJ.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial VP of Sales. This position reports to the COO. The successful candidate will join the company’s executive team with the mandate to take ownership of all DataMotion sales activities. They will also work closely with the DataMotion marketing group. This position will initially have individual and team sales goals, and gradually shift to team goals as the sales team grows. Please do not apply unless you are comfortable splitting your time between managing the sales team and working on your individual sales opportunities.
The ideal candidate for this position excels in a dynamic environment and is a confident communicator with the ability to clearly and persuasively articulate the company’s mission, solutions and business value to enterprise customers and partners. We are looking for somebody who thrives in a fast-paced PaaS/SaaS environment but also can sell to decision makers at Fortune 500 companies.
DataMotion employees are currently working from home for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic. When we return to normal operating mode, this full-time position will be based in our Florham Park headquarters, but we are open to exceptional candidates working remotely. We are not offering relocation.
- Daily leadership of the Sales organization and all sales activities, including ownership of achieving the company’s bookings and revenue projections
- Develop and execute sales strategies from prospecting to close as well as expand our customer base
- Perform high-level sales planning and pipeline management
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting and manage sales performance using a CRM
- Produce weekly and monthly reporting metrics to analyze and evaluate progress. Use the outcome to identify challenges and opportunities that drive decision making and performance coaching for team members
- Build strong, lost lasting relationships with customers and channel partners to extend customer reach and drive new business opportunities
- Meet or exceed individual sales quota
- Scale and coach the Sales team, improving their skills throughout all stages of the sales process
- Stay informed about DataMotion’s competitive landscape and how to sell the differentiating value of our solutions
- Recent experience selling B2B PaaS/SaaS solutions: 1-3 years as a VP of Sales or Regional Sales Director; 5+ years managing a sales team, 5+ years selling PaaS/SaaS products and solutions
- Verifiable experience in developing and executing successful sales strategies targeting developers, independent software vendors and system integrators
- Proven ability to hire, scale, manage, coach and lead a dynamic and diverse sales team with a focus on continually driving improved performance through hands-on, day-to-day management
- Track record of consistently meeting and exceeding both individual and team sales goals
- Current, actionable rolodex of C-level executives and senior technical decision makers in one or more of the following verticals: financial services, healthcare, government, insurance, call centers, as well as in independent software vendors and system integrators serving these markets
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the customer organization, including executive and C-level
- Recent experience in a start-up environment
- Excellent listening, communication (verbal and written), negotiation and presentation skills
- Understanding of metrics and how to use data to drive sales and make informed decisions
- Business Administration or Software/Computer Engineering: Bachelor’s degree (required), Master’s degree (preferred)
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus/commission plan
- Robust health (medical, dental and vision) benefits and 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Vice President of Sales 2020-A” subject line.
WE ARE NOT ENGAGING SEARCH AGENCIES FOR THIS SEARCH. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU ARE A CANDIDATE