Director of Engineering
Florham Park, NJ
DataMotion, Inc. is a rapidly growing cybersecurity company operating primarily in the financial services, healthcare, insurance, government and call center markets. We are located in Florham Park, NJ. DataMotion is looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial and hands-on Director of Engineering. This position reports to the COO. The successful candidate will join the company’s executive team with the mandate to take ownership of DataMotion’s technology and its technological resources. The Director of Engineering will establish the company’s technology strategies and will supervise and mentor the development, infrastructure and customer support functions of the company.
The ideal candidate is a big picture thinker and an expert in SaaS, PaaS and cybersecurity. He/She, excels in a dynamic environment and is a confident communicator with the ability to clearly and persuasively articulate the company’s technology strategy to reports, executive peers and business partners.
This full-time position is based in DataMotion’s Florham Park headquarters. We are not offering relocation for this position.
- Set company technical vision and lead its technological development
- Develop plans and set timelines for evaluation, development and deployment of all technical, web and mobile services
- Collaborate with other department heads (e.g., sales, marketing, finance, etc.) as advisor on all technology issues
- Daily hands-on leadership of the entire Technology organization, including Product Development/Engineering, Infrastructure and Support functions
- Improve/implement best practices and ensure that the company meets relevant technology standards
- Monitor performance profiling tools and procedures.
- Maintain network security with the Infrastructure/Support team
- Manage disaster and emergency recovery plans
- Consistently meet product development goals and timelines
- Study current and new industry trends in software technologies and development
- Evaluate effectiveness of the company’s systems and make recommendations for improvement
- Serve as an executive-level technical point of contact for enterprise customers
- Ensure the company’s technological processes and services comply with all requirements, laws and regulations
- Track record as a software technology leader successfully developing new products
- 3+ years as a Director of Engineering at a SaaS/PaaS company or equivalent; 5+ years managing technical teams; 10+ years hands-on software development
- Experience with: .Net, C#, SQL Server, jQuery, Angular, Azure, AWS, IIS, GitHub, Node.js
- Strong experience in a start-up environment;
- Experience leading geographically distributed teams; international experience preferred
- Excellent listening, communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills; ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with peers, brand leaders and other senior management team members throughout the company
- Proven ability to hire, scale, manage, coach and lead dynamic and diverse technical teams
- Ability to lead through change and transformation with an ability to adapt to shifting priorities
- Master’s degree in information technology, computer science or related field
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Robust health (medical, dental and vision) benefits and 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Free access to the gym at DataMotion’s headquarters
This full-time position is based in DataMotion’s Florham Park headquarters and we are not offering relocation.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING 2020C” subject line.
WE ARE NOT ENGAGING SEARCH AGENCIES FOR THIS SEARCH. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU ARE A CANDIDATE.