Florham Park, NJ
DataMotion, Inc. is an API company that enables secure digital business. Our solutions modernize business processes by bringing together information exchange with the way employees, customers and partners want to work. We are headquartered in Florham Park, NJ.
We are seeking a senior developer advocate/evangelist/educator who will be a technical thought leader, and who will inspire, enable and build a developer community around DataMotion APIs. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Director, you will deliver outstanding content, technical subject matter expertise and support in a variety of formats for relevant audiences, building and nurturing relationships with developers and influencers, online and offline. You will also be a key partner to our Sales, Engineering and Product teams, delivering content and feedback to internal teams to improve the developer and customer experience.
The ideal candidate for this position excels in a dynamic environment and is a confident communicator with the ability to clearly and persuasively articulate the company’s mission, solutions and business value to the developer community and influencers.
DataMotion employees are currently working from home for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic. When we return to normal operating mode, this full-time position will be based in our Florham Park headquarters, but we are open to exceptional candidates working remotely. We are not offering relocation.
- Promote our APIs and source code on Stack Overflow, GitHub, blog posts, and other developer channels
- Create and deliver blogs, articles, webinars, videos, tutorials, best practices, and other relevant content; Provide feedback on DataMotion developer documentation as needed
- Advocate DataMotion to our target community at conferences, hackathons, meetups, coding boot camps, online forums, Twitter, Stack Overflow, Hacker News, and other appropriate channels
- Build relationships with key influencers, foster a healthy technical community
- Design and create samples and reference applications closely matching our target customer use cases
- Technical aptitude and ability to write samples and reference applications (Java, Python, C#/VB)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience with public speaking, presentations, podcasts, webinars, blog and article writing
- Ability to communicate with, present to and influence all levels of a customer organization, including executive and C-level, and in particular developers
- Previous experience as a developer advocate
- Experience growing an open source community
- Experience working with 3rd party communities, social media and blogging
- Recent experience in a start-up environment
- Travel may be required (post Covid) depending on where developer events are held
- Business Administration or Software/Computer Engineering: Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Robust health (medical, dental and vision) benefits and 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Developer Advocate 2020-A” subject line.
WE ARE NOT ENGAGING SEARCH AGENCIES FOR THIS SEARCH. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU ARE A CANDIDATE