Florham Park, NJ
DataMotion, Inc. is a rapidly growing cybersecurity company operating primarily in the financial services, healthcare, insurance, government and call center markets. We are located in Florham Park, NJ.
We are accepting applications for the Controller position. This senior Accounting position will work directly with and report to the CFO, combining timely and accurate reporting of current and historical data with analysis and projections of future company performance. This is a heavily hands-on position. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in building the company’s accounting function.
This full-time position is based in DataMotion’s Florham Park headquarters. We are not offering relocation for this position.
- Execute and oversee the day-to-day operations of the Accounting function of the company, including: payables, receivables and collections, monthly financial close activities, preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial accounts
- Manage the Accounting team
- Analyze processes and controls; identify deficiencies and implement remediation efforts
- Prepare internal financial reports
- Monitor cash balances and oversee cash forecasts
- Manage the company’s accounting systems
- 10+ years of accounting/reporting experience (early-career experience from an audit firm a plus)
- Expert knowledge of accounting (US GAAP required, IFRS a big plus) including: (1) revenue recognition in software (SaaS and license revenue models) and professional services; (2) project accounting; (3) consolidation of multiple entities, including foreign subsidiaries; (4) foreign currency accounting
- Prior experience as a Controller in a software, preferably SaaS, and professional services companies
- Deep practical experience in accounting operations, including prior roles reporting to the Controller
- Strong experience working with multiple accounting systems and expert knowledge of QuickBooks
- Prior experience in new accounting system deployment/transition (other than QuickBooks)
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel; ability to build complex models and analysis tools
- Experience in working with project management systems
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent listening, communication (verbal and written), and presentation skills
- Experience working in a rapidly growing startup
- Accounting: Bachelor’s degree (Required), Master’s degree (Preferred)
- CPA or CMA a big plus
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Robust health (medical, dental and vision) benefits and 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Free access to the gym at DataMotion’s headquarters
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CONTROLLER 2019” subject line.
WE ARE NOT ENGAGING SEARCH AGENCIES FOR THIS SEARCH. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU ARE A CANDIDATE