- Easily integrates Direct Secure Messaging (Direct) with major EHR/EMR systems
- Enhances transitions of care while protecting Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Readily enables Meaningful Use Phase 2 (MU2) attestation
DataMotion™ Direct (Direct Secure Messaging) enables data transfer, including secure email for healthcare providers, patients, business associates and clinical systems to securely send and receive PHI in a manner that conforms to Meaningful Use guidelines.
Government initiatives and incentives have encouraged the adoption of electronic medical & health records solutions from many vendors. Unfortunately, this multi-vendor environment has created individual islands and closed networks of records that cannot be shared easily and securely between healthcare providers using different solutions. This limits the value of EHR/EMR, particularly when consultation across health networks or transitions of care are required.
Based on the national encryption standard for securely exchanging clinical healthcare data via the Internet, DataMotion™ Direct enables secure messaging for healthcare providers, patients, business associates, and clinical systems. Using DataMotion™ Direct, PHI can be sent and received securely, in a manner that conforms to MU2 guidelines. It supports a variety of sensitive data, including summary of care documents, large images, and personal messages. Best of all it integrates easily with existing EMR/EHR solutions to fully support in-network and out-of-network communications.
DataMotion is an accredited Health Information Service Provider (HISP), provisioning Direct services that are fully interoperable with other HISPs. When DataMotion™ Direct is entrusted with the delivery of secure messages, documents, and images, that data is processed and stored in a ‘mission critical’ manner following the best practices of strong encryption, checksums, disaster recovery, high availability, and data back-up. Secure data delivery has been the core of DataMotion’s business since 1999 ensuring your ability to meet HIPAA compliance and Meaningful Use requirements.
- Minimize Business Risk – Protect your brand and reputation by preventing data leaks
- Improve Compliance – Minimize exposure to regulatory violations
- Meaningful Use Stage 2 – Meet requirements for secure exchange and Direct
- Seamless Communication – Easily exchange PHI with providers and healthcare systems both in and out of your primary network
- Improve Care and Contain Costs – Harness the convenience of seamless data exchange through email, file transfer, and the power of cloud computing to make faster and better informed decisions while cutting the costs associated with faxes, printing, postage, and courier services
DataMotion™ Direct delivers enterprise-class security to healthcare providers and business associates of all sizes:
- Easily integrates into health IT system
- Includes automatic certificate management
- Send directly from an EHR/EMR system to a recipient’s inbox
- Completely accessible from mobile devices
- Strong encryption of data in transit and at rest without needing to manage keys
- Easy to install, use, and maintain